General Information About Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion
HUC-JIR is a religious and scholarly learning community dedicated to: Developing Jewish professional and lay leaders to transmit and apply to contemporary life the sustaining values, responsibilities and texts of our tradition; Applying the open and pluralistic spirit of the Reform movement to the study of the great issues of Jewish life and thought. Advancing the critical study of Jewish culture and related disciplines in accordance with the highest standards of modern academic scholarship.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Study abroad
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- </div><div style="font-weight:bold;padding-top:6px">Special Learning Opportunities</div>Study abroad
- Master's degree
- Post-master's certificate
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 325 Native American 0.0 Asian 2.0 African American 2.0 Hispanic 0.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates Enrolled FullTime Graduates 113