General Information About Union Institute & University
Union Institute & University empowers adults to acquire, apply, and create knowledge through interdisciplinary, flexible, and collaborative programs focusing on social relevance, personal enrichment, and professional advancement.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Academic/career counseling service
- Credit for life experiences
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- Post-master's certificate
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 57 Percent Admitted 96% Men Admitted 100% Women Admitted 95% Full Time Retention Rate 64%
Tuition & Fees 09-10 Tuition & Fees $11,012 Room & Board Charge $0 Books & Supplies Cost $1,000
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,604 Native American 20 Asian 34 African American 555 Hispanic 228 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 616 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 225