General Information About W Howard Nicol School of Practical Nursing
To establish the Portage Lakes Career Center, Adult Education Depatrtment, as the viable community resource and educational center that provides an environment in which the individual can achieve measurable competencies. The Career Center provides the services and directions necessary for making career choices, the skills needed to be self directive and proactive through life's transitions, and the knowledge which can enrich and improve the quality of life. In doing this, Portage Lakes Career Center promotes the economic development of the commuity.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 1-2 years certificate
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 90 Percent Admitted 44% Men Admitted 38% Women Admitted 45% Full Time Retention Rate 69%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 35 Native American 1.0 Asian 2.0 African American 3.0 Hispanic 0.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 50 Enrolled FullTime Graduates