General Information About Youngstown State University
Youngstown State University—an urban research university—emphasizes a creative, integrated approach to education, scholarship, and service. The University places students at its center; leads in the discovery, dissemination, and application of knowledge; advances civic, scientific, and technological development; and fosters collaboration to enrich the region and the world. The University: Creates diverse educational experiences that develop ethical, intellectually curious students who are invested in their communities; Provides access to a broad range of undergraduate programs; Offers graduate programs in selected areas of excellence, including those that meet the needs of the region; Supports economic development through applied learning and research; Integrates teaching and learning, scholarship, and civic engagement; Fosters understanding of diversity, sustainability, and global perspectives; and Advances the intellectual and cultural life of the city, region, and world.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 70%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 16,784 Native American 60 Asian 158 African American 2,515 Hispanic 337 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 10,820 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 507