General Information About Southwestern Christian University
Southwestern Christian University is a Christ-centered liberal arts institution equipping students for a life of learning, leadership, and service; integrating faith, learning, and living; and empowering graduates to excel and to positively impact their world for Jesus Christ.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Pentecostal Holiness Church
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 108 Percent Admitted 65% Men Admitted 66% Women Admitted 62% Full Time Retention Rate 50%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 360 520 Math 450 500 Writing 300 550
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 15 21 English 14 23 Math 15 23
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 344 Native American 15 Asian 7 African American 72 Hispanic 14 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 347 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 58