General Information About Delaware Valley College
We are inspired by the ideals of our founder, who in 1896, emphasized respect for all people and ideas, who honored knowledge with practice, progress and the common good. Our historical commitment to experiential learning integrates theory and practice and prepares undergraduate and graduate students to meet the challenges of a complex global environment and to engage in lifelong learning. We provide students with the requisite skills and a spirit of inquiry that enrich and inform their lives, prepare them to pursue meaningful careers, and fulfill societal, community and family responsibilities.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,770 Percent Admitted 72% Men Admitted 85% Women Admitted 60% Full Time Retention Rate 76%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 460 550 Math 470 560 Writing 440 540
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 20 23 English 19 23 Math 19 24 Writing 19 26
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,548 Native American 4.0 Asian 29.0 African American 83.0 Hispanic 43.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,702 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 170