General Information About Gettysburg College
“Gettysburg College, a national, residential, undergraduate college committed to a liberal education, prepares students to be active leaders and participants in a changing world.”
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Town: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 5,448 Percent Admitted 40% Men Admitted 37% Women Admitted 43% Full Time Retention Rate 90%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 610 690 Math 610 690
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 27 30
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,674 Native American 1 Asian 36 African American 122 Hispanic 76 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,462 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0