General Information About La Salle University
La Salle University, dedicated in the traditions of the Christian Brothers to excellence in teaching and to concern for both ultimate values and for the individual values of its students, is a private Roman Catholic University committed to providing a liberal education of both general and specialized studies. As a Catholic university, La Salle strives to offer, through effective teaching, quality education founded on the idea that one's intellectual and spiritual development go hand in hand, complementing and fulfilling each other. The University has, as its basic purpose, the free search for truth by teaching its students the basic skills, knowledge, and values that they will need for a life of human dignity. The programs of the University also aim at preparing students for informed service and progressive leadership in their communities and to fulfilling the immediate and final goals of their lives.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army, Air Force)
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Roman Catholic
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- Post-master's certificate
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 5,734 Percent Admitted 71% Men Admitted 73% Women Admitted 70% Full Time Retention Rate 83%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 460 560 Math 450 560 Writing 460 570
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 19 24 English 18 24 Math 17 24
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 7,408 Native American 15.0 Asian 312.0 African American 1,150.0 Hispanic 472.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 3,433 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 442