General Information About Luzerne County Community College
Mission of Luzerne County Community College Luzerne County Community College is a public learning institution primarily serving the residents of Luzerne and surrounding counties in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Our mission is to provide excellence in education, guiding the learner in pursuit of educational and employment goals. The College offers educational programs that are accessible, affordable and flexible in delivery, while maintaining an open door policy supported by comprehensive services. The learning environment fosters value for lifelong learning, respect for diversity, and development of students as contributing members of society. Partnerships with businesses, organizations, and other educational institutions are established in order to upgrade workforce development and to contribute to the economic and technological advancement of the communities served.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 58%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 9,931 Native American 16 Asian 133 African American 280 Hispanic 297 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 4,106 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0