General Information About Mercyhurst College
Consistent with its Catholic identity and Mercy heritage, Mercyhurst College educates women and men in a culture where faith and reason flourish together, where the beauty and power of the liberal arts combine with an appreciation for the dignity of work and a commitment to serving others. Confident in the strength of its student-faculty bonds, the College community is inspired by the image of students whose choices, in life and work, will enable them to realize the human and spiritual values embedded in everyday realities and to exercise leadership in service toward a just world.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Roman Catholic
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- City: Midsize
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 2,990 Percent Admitted N/A% Men Admitted 71% Women Admitted 76% Full Time Retention Rate 81%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 470 570 Math 460 580 Writing 450 570
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 20 25 English 21 26 Math 19 24 Writing 20 25
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 4,873 Native American 9.0 Asian 47.0 African American 276.0 Hispanic 100.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 3,551 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 243