General Information About Penn Commercial Business/Technical School
Penn Commercial's mission is to provide the best available instruction for individual needs in the shortest time possible and at the lowest practical cost. Our training is aimed at men and women who desire to prepare themselves for a business, medical, or technological career, and also retrain those who desire to reenter the job market. While the emphasis at Penn Commercial is on providing quality instruction in technical skills, our educational philosophy recognizes the need for students to develop a foundation of related skills that will make them adaptable to an ever-changing job market and provide support for our students in achieving their career goals. We strive to provide quality programs that will prepare our students for the best available jobs.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Private for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 200 Percent Admitted 83% Men Admitted 80% Women Admitted 85% Full Time Retention Rate 51%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 539 Native American 1 Asian 0 African American 35 Hispanic 0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 450 Enrolled FullTime Graduates