General Information About Pittsburgh Technical Institute
PTI is the first two-year career school in Western PA to receive regional accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
PTI students graduate with the skills employers seek.
Our associate degree and certificate programs are designed to meet the current needs of employers by following industry trends and technologies. Our Career Services Department surveys employers and graduates. Instructors and department chairs network through community involvement and professional organizations. And curriculum is developed under the guidance of our advisory boards.
Students benefit from two convenient locations:
- our North Fayette Campus in Oakdale – nestled on 180 acres between Pittsburgh International Airport and Downtown Pittsburgh
- our Cranberry Center in the Regional Learning Alliance just off the PA Turnpike in Cranberry Township
Students from across the United States and around the world discover an open, collaborative environment; their family away-from-home; and their potential to succeed both now and in the future.
- Our commitment: Empower our students to succeed in today’s dynamic world.
- Combine professional skills and general studies into career-focused education.
- Provide our students with the life skills they need to realize their full potential and career goals.
- Create a learning environment that encourages students to value each other’s differences and work together.
- Support student growth and development through services, activities and programs.
- Enhance students’ professional skills and expectations through state-of-the-industry labs, internships, and part-time employment.
- Continually evaluate curriculum following the recommendation of advisors who are industry professionals.
- Offer job placement services to help students and alumni meet their career goals.
- Keep graduates at the top of their game by offering free technology brush-up courses.
The acceptance of transfer credits are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
This school is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSA).
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Private for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,991 Percent Admitted 81% Men Admitted 80% Women Admitted 84% Full Time Retention Rate 65%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,981 Native American 8.0 Asian 31.0 African American 158.0 Hispanic 38.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,053 Enrolled FullTime Graduates