General Information About The Curtis Institute of Music
The Curtis Institute of Music is committed to musical and academic integrity. Curtis pledges to create an atmosphere conducive to creativity, learning, and achievement, in keeping with the mission of the school. Guidelines and policies detail students' and teachers' rights and obligations as members of Curtis's community and are provided to foster excellence on stage and in the classroom.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 2-4 years certificate
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 92%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 162 Native American 0.0 Asian 14.0 African American 7.0 Hispanic 3.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 124 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 39