General Information About York County School of Technology Practical Nursing
The York County School of Technology is dedicated to providing a program of high quality, cutting-edge technical training integrated with a strong academic education and an emphasis on critical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making, and team-building skills. The York County School of Technology curriculum is closely tied to the needs of business and industry. Local business and industry advisors guide program development to assure that the curriculum and equipment match the needs and standards of employers. Employers tell us what skills are needed for success in their fields and those are the skills we teach.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Academic/career counseling service
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Suburb: Midsize
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 114 Percent Admitted 28% Men Admitted 67% Women Admitted 25% Full Time Retention Rate 78%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 123 Native American 1.0 Asian 0.0 African American 5.0 Hispanic 2.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 51 Enrolled FullTime Graduates