General Information About Clinton Junior College
Clinton Junior College is a historically black, private two year institution with a strong Liberal Arts tradition. The College was founded in 1894 by The African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church to meet the needs of descendents of slaves who did not have access to higher education. Today, the doors of the institution are open to all, those who have achieved academically and to those who have yet to reach their full potential. In keeping with its rich tradition, the College continues to provide a learning milieu for students to promote academic achievement and positive moral and spiritual development. This environment fosters leadership qualities and encourages students to be good citizens who can contribute to a global society.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 88%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 154 Native American 0 Asian 1 African American 153 Hispanic 0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 145 Enrolled FullTime Graduates