General Information About Horry-Georgetown Technical College
Horry-Georgetown Technical College is committed to a process of continuous improvement. As such, each year the College reviews, revises and/or affirms the Institutional Strategic Plan. The following is the Institutional Strategic Plan for FY 2008-09 through 2010-11 and includes the Statement of Vision, Guiding Principles for Excellence, Mission Statement and Institutional Strategic Goals and Outcomes.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 62%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 8,712 Native American 37 Asian 83 African American 2,088 Hispanic 141 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 3,066 Enrolled FullTime Graduates