General Information About Midlands Technical College
Midlands Technical College is a comprehensive, multi-campus, public, two-year college serving the primary region of Richland, Lexington and Fairfield counties of South Carolina. College programs and services provide accessible, affordable, high quality post-secondary education that prepares a diverse student population to enter the job market, transfer to senior colleges and universities, and achieve their professional and personal goals. Through its programs and services, the college equitably provides higher education opportunities and strengthens the economic and social vitality of the community.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 53%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 16,490 Native American 98.0 Asian 282.0 African American 6,010.0 Hispanic 380.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 5,666 Enrolled FullTime Graduates