General Information About Newberry College
Newberry College challenges and nurtures students for lifetimes of service and leadership through intellectual transformation, social development, a culture of physical well-being, and spiritual growth by providing a Christian education in the Lutheran Tradition.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Town: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,516 Percent Admitted 69% Men Admitted 69% Women Admitted 69% Full Time Retention Rate 62%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 430 530 Math 450 550 Writing 410 510
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 17 23 English 16 23 Math 17 23 Writing 17 24
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,032 Native American 1 Asian 8 African American 249 Hispanic 21 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,117 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0