General Information About Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College
Mission Statement The mission of Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College (OCtech) is to provide quality and affordable comprehensive education programs that will have a positive social and economic impact on the lives of the citizens of Orangeburg and Calhoun Counties and the state of South Carolina. Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College is an associate degree-awarding two-year public institution. As an open admissions institution, we serve students with diverse backgrounds and ability levels from a primarily rural region, enrolling approximately 2,900 – 3,300 credit students and 3,000 non-credit students annually. Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College values the quality and effectiveness of our programs, promoting ethical standards in all aspects of the College’s operation. We seek success of each student in an environment that provides opportunity for lifelong learning in a complex, global society.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 34%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 4,075 Native American 20.0 Asian 20.0 African American 2,482.0 Hispanic 15.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,541 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0