General Information About Southwest Tennessee Community College
Southwest Tennessee Community College is the comprehensive, multicultural, public, open-access college whose mission is to anticipate and respond to the educational needs of students, employers, and communities in Shelby and Fayette counties and the surrounding Mid-South region. The college provides citizens with an effective teaching and learning environment designed to raise educational levels, enhance economic development, and enrich personal lives.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army, Air Force)
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 3,064 Percent Admitted 100% Men Admitted 100% Women Admitted 100% Full Time Retention Rate 48%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Math 375 515
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 14 18 English 13 19 Math 15 17
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 17,562 Native American 68.0 Asian 391.0 African American 10,532.0 Hispanic 250.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 5,830 Enrolled FullTime Graduates