General Information About Tennessee Technology Center at Newbern
The mission of the Tennessee Technology Center at Newbern is to provide technical and skill training to students in order to meet the occupational needs of employers in the service area. Desirable worker characteristics are also emphasized to instill good work habits, reliability, honesty, and other attributes needed for a productive society. It is our mission to provide the opportunity for individuals to prepare successful employment; in addition, we assist those who have previously entered the work force to upgrade their skills and knowledge. We believe that all adults who can profit from the training should be given the opportunity to increase their knowledge, technical information, and occupational skills.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- 2-4 years certificate
- Town: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 74%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 508 Native American 0.0 Asian 2.0 African American 53.0 Hispanic 10.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 202 Enrolled FullTime Graduates