General Information About Abilene Christian University
The mission of Abilene Christian University is to educate students for Christian service and leadership throughout the world. This mission is achieved through: exemplary teaching, offered by a faculty of Christian scholars, that inspires a commitment to learning; significant research, grounded in the university's disciplines of study, that informs issues of importance to the academy, church, and society; meaningful service to society, the academic disciplines, the university, and the church, expressed in various ways, by all segments of the Abilene Christian University community.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Churches of Christ
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- Post-master's certificate
- City: Midsize
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 3,712 Percent Admitted 49% Men Admitted 50% Women Admitted 49% Full Time Retention Rate 75%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 485 610 Math 490 615
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 21 27 English 21 28 Math 20 27
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 5,265 Native American 33 Asian 57 African American 409 Hispanic 328 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 3,624 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 300