General Information About Commonwealth Institute of Funeral Service
The Commonwealth Institute of Funeral Service is a vocational, post secondary teaching institution with its primary purpose being to educate individuals interested in the subjects comprising the curriculum for licensure and a career in funeral service.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Institution does not accept dual, credit for life, or AP credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- Associate's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 52 Percent Admitted 100% Men Admitted 100% Women Admitted 100% Full Time Retention Rate 53%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 209 Native American 0 Asian 1 African American 70 Hispanic 41 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 147 Enrolled FullTime Graduates