General Information About Lamar Institute of Technology
Lamar Institute of Technology provides quality education and training that enable a diverse student population to achieve its career goals. Programs are enhanced by developing and maintaining partnerships with business, industry, and the community. Faculty are dedicated to teaching, advising, and scholarship. Both faculty and staff work to serve the Institute and the community.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Midsize
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 51%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 3,684 Native American 21 Asian 109 African American 1,177 Hispanic 327 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,653 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0