General Information About Lamar State College-Orange
a. to provide academic transfer and associate degree programs to prepare students for senior colleges and universities; b. to provide technical certificate and associate degree programs to prepare students for employment; c. to provide developmental programs for students not ready for college-level work; d. to provide continuing education and customized training programs for those pursuing areas of personal interest or upgrading employment skills; and e. to provide community service activities that promote economic development and cultural awareness.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
- Town: Fringe
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 47%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,836 Native American 17 Asian 51 African American 619 Hispanic 109 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,235 Enrolled FullTime Graduates