General Information About Southwest Texas Junior College
Southwest Texas Junior College is a comprehensive, public, two-year college serving eleven counties in southwest Texas. College programs and services provide accessible, affordable, high-quality post-secondary education that prepares students to: 1) enter the job market, 2) transfer to senior colleges and universities, 3) pursue their professional and personal goals. Through its programs and services, the college equitably provides higher education opportunities and supports the economic growth of the community.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 40%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 7,022 Native American 24 Asian 35 African American 145 Hispanic 5,661 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,523 Enrolled FullTime Graduates