General Information About Southwestern Adventist University
The mission of Southwestern Adventist University is to offer quality higher education in a Christ-centered environment shaped by Seventh-day Adventist and Christian values.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Seventh Day Adventists
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Town: Fringe
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 663 Percent Admitted 56% Men Admitted 56% Women Admitted 56% Full Time Retention Rate 65%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 440 560 Math 423 538
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 19 24 English 18 24 Math 17 24
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,072 Native American 9 Asian 48 African American 115 Hispanic 264 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 555 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 13