General Information About Southwestern Christian College
Southwestern Christian College, founded and sponsored by members of Churches of Christ, is accredited as a four-year (level II), educational college (limited to Bachelor's degree in Bible and Religious Education), with a two-year associate program in the liberal arts. Its purpose is to * offer a holistic educational program that will motivate the student to value and achieve academic excellence within the context of commitment to moral and spiritual values; * to assist students in making their transitions from high school to higher education on various levels; * to assist students in preparation for varied vocations in life; * to prepare future leaders for their distinct communities and the world at large.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, primarily associate's, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Churches of Christ
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Town: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 66%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 225 Native American 0 Asian 126 African American 84 Hispanic 1 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 217 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0