General Information About Texas A & M University-Kingsville
The mission of Texas A&M University-Kingsville is to develop well-rounded leaders and critical thinkers who can solve problems in an increasingly complex, dynamic and global society. Located in South Texas, the university is a teaching, research and service institution that provides access to higher education in an ethnically and culturally diverse region of the nation. Texas A&M-Kingsville offers an extensive array of baccalaureate and master's degrees, and selected doctoral and professional degrees in an academically challenging, learner-centered and caring environment where all employees contribute to student success.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Town: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 2,375 Percent Admitted 95% Men Admitted 96% Women Admitted 94% Full Time Retention Rate 59%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Math 460 530
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 16 21 English 14 20 Math 16 21
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 8,719 Native American 34 Asian 88 African American 413 Hispanic 5,267 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 4,449 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 520