General Information About Wayland Baptist University
Wayland Baptist University exists to educate students in an academically challenging, learning-focused and distinctively Christian environment for professional success, lifelong learning, and service to God and humankind.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Southern Baptist
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Town: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 351 Percent Admitted 99% Men Admitted 98% Women Admitted 100% Full Time Retention Rate 66%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 400 520 Math 410 550 Writing 390 490
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 17 22 English 15 22 Math 16 22
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 9,986 Native American 94.0 Asian 259.0 African American 1,476.0 Hispanic 1,709.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,013 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 77