General Information About Southern Vermont College
Southern Vermont College offers a transformative living and learning experience that cultivates lifelong learners in a personalized setting, emphasizes active learning and exploration, and encourages empowered citizenship and environmental sensibility.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 352 Percent Admitted 93% Men Admitted 94% Women Admitted 93% Full Time Retention Rate 65%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 400 500 Math 400 490
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 19 24 English 21 25 Math 15 26 Writing 20 26
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 503 Native American 1 Asian 7 African American 31 Hispanic 9 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 439 Enrolled FullTime Graduates