General Information About Hampden-Sydney College
to form good men and good citizens in an atmosphere of sound learning."
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Study abroad
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Town: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 2,270 Percent Admitted 56% Men Admitted 56% Women Admitted 100% Full Time Retention Rate 78%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 510 600 Math 515 630 Writing 480 590
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 20 26 English 20 26 Math 20 26
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,122 Native American 2 Asian 14 African American 48 Hispanic 14 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,058 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0