General Information About John Tyler Community College
John Tyler Community College provides quality educational opportunities that inspire student success and community vitality.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Tuition & Fees 09-10 Tuition & Fees $2,831 Room & Board Charge $0 Books & Supplies Cost $800
Total Financial Aid Amounts Issued Pell Grants $3,882,640 Other Federal Grants $88,539 Scholarships & Fellowships $5,215,262 Discount Applied to Tuition/Fee $2,549,612 Average Grant Dollars Issued $519,004 Avg. Scholarship and Fellowships $2,607,631
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 12,608 Native American 75 Asian 362 African American 3,236 Hispanic 433 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 3,022 Enrolled FullTime Graduates