General Information About Northern Virginia Community College
Mission & Vision NOVA's mission is to respond to the educational needs of its dynamic and diverse constituencies through an array of comprehensive programs and services that facilitate learning and workforce development in an environment of open access and through lifelong educational opportunities. The vision of NOVA is to be a learning-centered organization that promotes student success. NOVA’s Strategic Vision 2015 is detailed in the Gateway to the American Dream Document.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 70%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 67,175 Native American 489.0 Asian 9,353.0 African American 10,520.0 Hispanic 8,274.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 17,584 Enrolled FullTime Graduates