General Information About Sentara College of Health Sciences
Sentara College of Health Sciences...our mission. At Sentara Healthcare, our mission is simple...we improve health every day. To complement that mission, Sentara College of Health Sciences improves health every day by providing educational programs to meet the human resource need for competent healthcare personnel within Sentara Healthcare. Students who attend our college believe they will make a difference in the lives they will touch and trust they will continue to grow as they advance in clinical experience.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
- Bachelor's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 363 Percent Admitted 23% Men Admitted 24% Women Admitted 23% Full Time Retention Rate 78%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 514 Native American 0.0 Asian 63.0 African American 82.0 Hispanic 16.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 362 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0