General Information About Southern Virginia University
Our mission is to prepare leader-servants in the workplace and the world, in the community and the church, and in the home. We serve faithful members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and welcome all who live our values. We accomplish our mission by providing the finest undergraduate education available in letters, arts, and sciences within a wholesome Latter-day Saint environment.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Town: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 618 Percent Admitted 99% Men Admitted 97% Women Admitted 100% Full Time Retention Rate 48%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 450 580 Math 450 570 Writing 450 570
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 20 25 English 19 25 Math 19 26 Writing 20 27
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 774 Native American 5.0 Asian 16.0 African American 30.0 Hispanic 22.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 712 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0