General Information About Big Bend Community College
Welcome! It’s great you are taking time for a virtual visit to Big Bend Community College. Spend time with us; look around; ask questions. From this beautiful campus we serve more than 5,400 students from the heart of the central Columbia Basin of Washington state. Our catalog will demonstrate a mix of traditional programs, services, and some fairly unique efforts as well. The boundaries of our 4,600-square-mile district surround rivers, lakes, mountains, and rich, productive agricultural land. The success of our students is our standard of accountability. Since 1962 our six-fold mission of college transfer, vocational and developmental education, community service/continuing education, business and industry partnerships, and student support services has provided the environment for their success. Students come to Big Bend as a first choice, a second chance, and a continuing opportunity for life-long learning. Whatever their goal, the BBCC staff is here to help.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 56%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,910 Native American 40.0 Asian 36.0 African American 27.0 Hispanic 824.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,457 Enrolled FullTime Graduates