General Information About Seattle Vocational Institute
Seattle Vocational Institute provides basic skills, vocational and workforce training opportunities through competency-based, open-entry, short-term programs that lead to jobs with a future, personal achievements and educational advancement. The college collaborates with other campuses in the Seattle Community College District and with business, labor, government and community groups.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Institution does not accept dual, credit for life, or AP credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 61%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 581 Native American 15 Asian 118 African American 274 Hispanic 24 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 241 Enrolled FullTime Graduates