General Information About Spokane Community College
At Spokane Community College, we strive to provide our community accessible and affordable educational opportunities responsive to the needs of our diverse population. We do this through: Industry-standard, professional-technical certificate and degree programs; Liberal arts and professional-technical programs transferable to four-year institutions; Developmental and continuing education, distance learning, and lifelong learning opportunities; Educational programs that emphasize four critical learning abilities: Responsibility, communication, problem-solving and global awareness; and Instructional support and student services that enhance and promote student success. As we carry out this mission, our skilled and dedicated faculty, staff and administration continuously support the individual and professional growth of our students and the economic success of our region.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Midsize
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 56%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 11,978 Native American 252 Asian 273 African American 288 Hispanic 445 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 4,933 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0