General Information About American Public University System
The American Public University System is an accredited, licensed, proprietary, distance learning higher education organization aligned in two member institutions: American Military University and American Public University. Our mission is to educate the nation's military and public service communities by providing respected, relevant, affordable, and student-focused online programs, which prepare them for service and leadership in a diverse, global society.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of transfer credits are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- Town: Fringe
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 92%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 51,347 Native American 502.0 Asian 1,427.0 African American 6,931.0 Hispanic 5,356.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,380 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 1,337