General Information About Mountwest Community and Technical College
Mountwest Community and Technical College is a public institution of the West Virginia Community and Technical College System. The College provides open access to education and training for a diverse population and assists students and employers to meet regional and global workforce demands. Mountwest Community and Technical College fulfills its educational mission through: developmental education career and technical education university transfer education general education professional and personal development lifelong learning workforce training programs and services
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 42%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 3,432 Native American 17 Asian 19 African American 227 Hispanic 29 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,679 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0