General Information About Pierpont Community and Technical College
The mission of Pierpont Community and Technical College is to enhance the quality of life for people of north-central West Virginia through accessible, affordable, comprehensive, responsive, workforce-related training, and quality higher education opportunities.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Town: Fringe
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 52%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 3,324 Native American 10.0 Asian 25.0 African American 188.0 Hispanic 24.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,248 Enrolled FullTime Graduates