General Information About Shepherd University
Mission Statement and Statement of Core Values Shepherd University, a West Virginia public liberal arts university, is a diverse community of learners and a gateway to the world of opportunities and ideas. We are the regional center for academic, cultural, and economic opportunity. Our mission of service succeeds because we are dedicated to our core values: learning, engagement, integrity, accessibility, and community.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Town: Fringe
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,701 Percent Admitted 94% Men Admitted 92% Women Admitted 96% Full Time Retention Rate 66%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 450 560 Math 460 540
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 19 24 English 17 22 Math 19 25
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 4,936 Native American 36 Asian 84 African American 254 Hispanic 117 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 3,340 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 52