General Information About Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College
Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College is a comprehensive community college located in a rural environment. The college strives to fulfill current and future higher educational and vocational/technical needs of southern West Virginia, its service area and beyond. Our college emphasizes student-oriented, transferable learning, enabling students to achieve work, career and personal success. Our college provides high-quality, affordable, student-friendly, and easily accessible educational services. We are highly effective and flexible in responding to state and community demands and in adapting to global socio-economic system.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 59%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 3,174 Native American 1 Asian 12 African American 43 Hispanic 17 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,506 Enrolled FullTime Graduates