General Information About University of Charleston
The mission of the University of Charleston is to educate each student for a life of productive work, enlightened living and community involvement.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,225 Percent Admitted 79% Men Admitted 80% Women Admitted 79% Full Time Retention Rate 56%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 430 530 Math 440 580
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 19 25 English 19 26 Math 17 24
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,603 Native American 2 Asian 39 African American 97 Hispanic 18 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,095 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 381