General Information About West Virginia Wesleyan College
West Virginia Wesleyan College challenges its students to a life-long commitment to develop their intellectual, ethical, spiritual, and leadership potential and to set and uphold standards of excellence.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- United Methodist
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Town: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,353 Percent Admitted 81% Men Admitted 78% Women Admitted 84% Full Time Retention Rate 74%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 430 540 Math 430 550 Writing 410 550
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 20 26 English 20 26 Math 18 24 Writing 19 25
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,374 Native American 2 Asian 10 African American 51 Hispanic 21 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,335 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 61