General Information About Lawrence University
Lawrence University of Wisconsin, through its undergraduate residential college and Conservatory of Music, educates students in the liberal arts and sciences. The university is devoted to excellence and integrity in all of its activities and committed to the development of intellect and talent, the pursuit of knowledge and understanding, the cultivation of sound judgment, and respect for the perspectives of others. Lawrence prepares students for lives of achievement, responsible and meaningful citizenship, lifelong learning, and personal fulfillment. As a learning community of scholars and artists we engage each other in a transformative process that emphasizes individualized learning, supported by an environment of rich educational opportunities in a residential campus setting.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 2,516 Percent Admitted 69% Men Admitted 68% Women Admitted 70% Full Time Retention Rate 87%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,526 Native American 6 Asian 40 African American 34 Hispanic 26 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,515 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0