General Information About Marian University
Marian University is a Catholic applied liberal arts institution of higher learning sponsored by the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes offering undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education programs. As a community, it welcomes diverse spiritual traditions and is committed to the transformation of the individual and the world through lifelong learning. Marian University is committed to the education of the whole person, striving to nurture intellectual, spiritual, aesthetic, psychological, social, and physical dimensions. The university's personal concern for students serves as the foundation for academic and student life as well as professional experiences. University programs integrate professional preparation with a liberal arts foundation. The university embraces justice, compassion, and service to the local and global community.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Roman Catholic
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,016 Percent Admitted 83% Men Admitted 87% Women Admitted 82% Full Time Retention Rate 76%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 18 22 English 16 22 Math 17 23
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 4,372 Native American 30.0 Asian 42.0 African American 130.0 Hispanic 88.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,564 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 79