General Information About Milwaukee Area Technical College
Mission Statement As a public, two-year comprehensive technical college, MATC offers quality educational and training opportunities and services to its diverse, metropolitan community by collaborating with partners to advance the lives of its students.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 13,086 Percent Admitted 51% Men Admitted 55% Women Admitted 48% Full Time Retention Rate 51%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 27,749 Native American 326.0 Asian 1,007.0 African American 7,227.0 Hispanic 2,426.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 6,967 Enrolled FullTime Graduates