Shower Advice: How To Save Money On Hydro Bills While Minimizing Wasted Water
The Boat Shower
- Turn your shower on.
- Get yourself soaking wet from head to toe.
- Turn off the water (you’ll get used to it, believe me.)
- Apply your soap and shampoo, don’t miss any spots!
- Quickly turn the water back on and rinse your entire body, and get the shampoo out of your hair.
- Turn the water back off, and hop out of the shower into a nice dry towel.
Why is this called a boat shower you ask?
Simply because boats have a limited supply of fresh water within their holding tanks—which supply all water outlets on the boat. It’s one of the greatest, yet little-known ways to conserve water, even at home. Doing this also makes for quicker showers, so you’re up and ready for that first class of the day (and you might actually be on time.)
[Photo credit: stevendepolo on Flickr]